The Day before your Surgery
It is crucial that you do not eat or drink anything, including water, after midnight, the night before your surgery — unless you are directed to do so by a staff member at North Platte Surgery Center or your surgeon. Food in the stomach can cause serious complications during anesthesia. This would require the surgeon to cancel or postpone your surgery. Avoid alcohol and tobacco for 24 hours prior to your surgery.
If you are taking medication for high blood pressure, diabetes, nervous disorders, blood thinners, or aspirin, ask your doctor about these medications and how they relate to your procedure.
For women, if you are pregnant, or think you may be pregnant, please notify your surgeon
immediately. If you develop a cold, fever, respiratory infection or other illness prior to surgery, please call your doctor or the North Platte Surgery Center.
Here are some general instructions that will help you prepare for your visit to the North Platte Surgery Center.
- Bring your insurance card(s) and driver's license with you.
- The day before your procedure, a Pre-op nurse will call you with specific instructions regarding eating and drinking.
- Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing.
- Remove all jewelry and leave money and valuables at home.
- If you wear glasses, please bring a case to put them in.
- If you wear contact lenses, please do not wear them to the surgery center.
- You must have someone that will drive you home following your procedure and please make arrangements for someone to spend the night with you at home.
Please inform our nursing staff if you take any blood thinning medications or aspirin products.
After your Surgery
Arrange for a Ride ahead of Time
You will not be allowed to drive yourself home following surgery. Arrange for a responsible friend or family member to drive you home.
For 24 hours after your Surgery
Have a responsible adult stay with you. Do not sign important papers or make any critical decisions. Do not drive, operate machinery, power tools or appliances. Do not drink alcoholic beverages.
About Us | Physicians | Staff | Pre-Op | Health Plans | My Surgery | Contact Us
The pictures displayed in npsurgerycenter.com are images of physicians, patients and employees who have consented to have their pictures in this website.