Patient Rights and Responsibilities
It is the policy of North Platte Surgery Center (NPSC) to ensure patients are aware of their rights and responsibilities. The rights and responsibilities are posted in a prominent place and are provided in pamphlet form to each patient.
Each patient treated at NPSC has the right to:
- Be treated with respect, consideration, and dignity.
- Respectful care given by competent personnel with consideration of their privacy concerning their medical care.
- Being given the name of their attending physician, the names of all other physicians directly assisting in their care, and the names and functions of other health care persons having direct contact with them.
- Access to their medical records pertaining to their medical care and to have that information treated as confidential.
- Know what surgery center rules and regulations apply to their conduct as a patient.
- Expect emergency procedures to be implemented without necessary delay.
- Absence of clinically unnecessary diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.
- Expedient and professional transfer to another facility when medically necessary and to have the responsible person and the facility that the patient is transferred to notified prior to transfer.
- Treatment that is consistent with clinical impression or working diagnosis.
- Good quality care and high professional standards continually maintained and reviewed.
- An increased likelihood of desired health outcomes.
- Full information in layman’s terms concerning appropriate and timely diagnosis, treatment, and preventive measures. If it is not medically advisable to provide this information to the patient, the information shall be given to the responsible person on his/her behalf.
- Receive a second opinion concerning the proposed surgical procedure, if requested.
- Accessible and available health services; information on after-hour and emergency care.
- Give an informed consent to the physician prior to the start of a procedure.
- Be advised of participation in a medical care research program or donor program; the patient shall give consent prior to participation in such a program; a patient may also refuse to continue in a program that has previously given informed consent to participate in.
- Receive appropriate and timely follow-up information of abnormal findings and tests.
- Receive appropriate and timely referrals and consultation.
- Receive information regarding “continuity of care”.
- Refuse drugs or procedures and have a physician explain the medical consequences of the drugs or procedures.
- Appropriate specialty consultative services made available by prior arrangement.
- Medical and nursing services without discrimination based upon age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, or source of payment.
- Have access to an interpreter whenever possible.
- Be provided with, upon written request, access to all information contained in their medical record.
- Accurate information regarding the competence and capabilities of the organization, its employees, and medical staff.
- Receive information regarding methods of expressing suggestions or grievances to the organization without discrimination or reprisal and have those complaints and grievances addressed.
- Appropriate information regarding the absence of malpractice insurance coverage.
- Change primary or specialty physicians or dentists if other qualified physicians or dentists are available.
- Health services provided are consistent with current professional knowledge.
- Appropriate assessment and management of pain.
- Be free from abuse, neglect and exploitation.
- Be informed of the current facility policy of Advanced Directives.
- Information regarding fees for services and payment policies.
Each patient treated at NPSC has the responsibility to:
- Fulfill their financial responsibility for all services received.
- Provide full cooperation with regards to instructions given by his/her surgeon, anesthesiologist, and operative care (pre and post).
- Provide the surgery center staff with all medical information which may have a direct effect on the provider at the surgery center.
- Provide the surgery center with all information regarding third-party insurance coverage.
About Us | Physicians | Staff | Pre-Op | Health Plans | My Surgery | Contact Us
The pictures displayed in npsurgerycenter.com are images of physicians, patients and employees who have consented to have their pictures in this website.